Which paper to choose for paper flowers
In the world of decoration and creative hobbies, paper flowers are highly appreciated for their aesthetic appearance and their ease of realization. To obtain an optimal result, it is essential to properly select the type of paper to use. In this article, we will present you the main papers used in making paper flowers, such as Crepron paper, Canson paper and tissue paper. We will also approach the advantages and disadvantages of each type of paper.
If you like paper flowers, find our article that will allow you to Understand how to create paper flowers and how to adopt them.
Crepron paper: a versatile and economical option
Crepron paper is undoubtedly the most popular paper for creating paper flowers. It owes its popularity to its many qualities:
- Elasticity : Crepe paper is slightly elastic, which facilitates the production of petals with rounded and natural shapes.
- Texture : Its wrinkled texture gives relief to your creations.
- Wide choice of colors : Available in a wide variety of shades, crepe paper offers a wide color palette for your project.
- Good value for money : Crepe paper is generally cheaper than other types of paper.
However, it is important to note that crepe paper also has some drawbacks:
- Fragility : Crepe paper is quite fine and can be easily tear up when handling.
- Discoloration possible : The colors of the crepe paper can fade or transfer to other materials in the event of humidity or friction.
Tips for working with crepe paper
For an optimal result with crepe paper, follow these tips:
- Use well -sharpened scissors to cut the petals without tearing them.
- Avoid handling the paper too brutally so as not to offend or tear it.
- Be careful not to expose your flower flowers to humidity or direct sunlight, to avoid discoloration.
Canson paper: for durable and resistant paper flowers
Canson paper is another type of paper commonly used for making paper flowers. It is distinguished by:
- Thickness : Thicker than crepe paper, Canson paper is more solid and resistant, which allows you to create durable paper flowers.
- Smooth and uniform surface : Canson paper has a smooth and homogeneous surface which gives a neat appearance to your creations.
- Good color resistance : The colors of the Canson paper are generally stable and do not discolour over time.
However, Canson paper also has some drawbacks:
- Less flexibility : The rigidity of the Canson paper can make the realization of certain forms of petals more difficult.
- Higher cost : Canson paper is often more expensive than crepe paper.
Tips for using Canson paper
To get the most out of Canson paper in making paper flowers, take these tips into account:
- Use a folding tool or a folder to facilitate the creation of petals with curved shapes.
- Favor the models of flowers whose petals have straight edges, because they will be easier to make with Canson paper.
- Choose an appropriate grammage depending on the desired result: thicker paper for robust flowers, or finer paper for better handling.
Hoving paper: the light and delicate option
Hooring paper is an interesting alternative to create light and airy paper flowers. His assets are:
- Finesse : Fineness of tissue paper makes it possible to obtain very delicate and light petals.
- Transparency : The translucent appearance of tissue paper offers a very poetic rendering to paper flowers made with this material.
- Good handling : Tress paper is easy to handle and bend to form the petals.
However, tissue paper also has drawbacks:
- Very fragile : Tress paper is extremely fine and can be very easily teared up.
- Humidity : Tress paper quickly absorbs water and can be offended or tear up in the event of an exposure to humidity.
Tips for working with tissue paper
Here are some recommendations to make the most of the qualities of tissue paper:
- Handle the tissue paper with delicacy to avoid offending or tearing it.
- Superimpose several layers of tissue paper to strengthen the solidity of petals and give them a larger appearance.
- Keep your flowers in tissue paper out of humidity and dust.
In short, the choice of paper to make paper flowers depends mainly on the desired effect and the desired level of resistance. Crepron paper offers great versatility and good value for money, while Canson paper is better suitable for projects requiring sustainability and robustness. Finally, tissue paper will appeal to lovers of lightness and delicacy.
How to compose Create paper flowers
Now that you are an expert in paper for. Create paper flowers, we suggest you guide you in creating your paper flowers.
The creation of paper flowers is a delicate art that requires both passion and know-how. If you are curious to learn how to create your own floral paper compositions, Flowrette offers a precious resource to guide you.
Start by reading their guide on How to create paper flowers. This article details the process of manufacturing paper flowers, offering practical advice and techniques to help you start your creative journey.